Thank you for reading Eliza's story. Her life was very short, but, has affected us in ways that we never imagined. This blog is a small journal of our journey with Eliza, the challenges she faced and our life since her passing.

6/16/2012

Friday's Visit

Bernard (my dear husband if you aren't familiar ) visited Eliza by himself yesterday. We decided that staying at home with the other kids (with some help from a lovely sister-in law) was well needed. 
Eliza was doing really well. He was surprised & happy to see her blue light off and her face uncovered.  She has jaundice and been doing a bit a sun-tanning to help her out. Her tummy lost a bit more fluid too, so,he said it was nice to see her looking a bit healthier around her midsection.   He read her some books and talked to her for a while before heading home.
We learned yesterday that she won't be able to start drinking her breast milk/formula until about 32 weeks along. She is just about 31 now.  Babies (healthy or otherwise) don't develop the suck/swallow reflex until then.  
Here is a very cute picture he took of her:


It is amazing how fast she is changing already.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...She's beautiful! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice for Eliza to have some time with her Daddy. :) I look forward to reading more about her progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you did okay through the holidays. I know it was a really rough time. Bless you, bless you, bless you. I cannot imagine, but I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete